All Questions & Answers About CES
About the Educational Credential Assessment Report
Program Streamlines Process for Vietnamese Students to Study at Colleges in Canada
February 26, 2016 – Ho Chi Minh City – Consulate General of Canada in Ho Chi Minh City
The Consulate General of Canada in Ho Chi Minh City, the Embassy of Canada in Hanoi, and Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC), in cooperation with Colleges and Institutes Canada (CICan) are delighted to announce a pilot initiative called the Canada Express Study Program, that aims to facilitate visa processing for Vietnamese students wishing to study at participating colleges in Canada. The pilot program for the Canada Express Study Program begins on March 1, 2016 and runs for 18 months, with possible extension and expansion.
Participating colleges are members of Colleges and Institutes Canada (CICan), a national, voluntary membership organization representing publicly supported colleges, institutes, cégeps and polytechnics in Canada and internationally.
The Canada Express Study Program is supported by Scotiabank, a leading Canadian financial institution. Scotiabank has agreed to provide eligible students with the opportunity to purchase a Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) that will satisfy the financial statement requirements of the Canada Express Study program.
Students applying for a program under CES must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Admission to a full-time program in one of the participating CICan member institutions in Canada.
- Proof of payment of the tuition fee for one year.
- An overall IELTS score of 5.0 with no band less than 4.5, taken within past two years.
- Purchase of a special Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) from Scotiabank of CAD$10,000 to cover living expenses for the first year of stay in Canada.
- Submission of visa application 60 days prior to the start date.
- Upfront medical examination at least one week before submission of the application.
Advantages of CES
Following are the major advantages of applying under CES:
- Streamlined visa process for all CES participating institutions.
- Less financial documentation.
- Faster visa processing time.
To be overseas study consulted with 360 Connect, please contact us
Hanoi head office
Level 9, 20 Thuy Khue St., Tay Ho Dist.
Phone: (+84) 4 3847 1188
Mobile: (+84) 912 399 360
Ho Chi Minh city branch office
28 Phung Khac Khoan St., Dist. 1
Phone: (+84) 8 3823 9119
Mobile: (+84) 912 678 360
Australia branch office
8/39 Greek Street, Glebe NSW 2037
Mobile: (+61) 456 333 339
U.S.A branch office
671 Safeharbour Dr, Ocoee FL 34761
Mobile: (+1) 407-300-5881